Friday, October 9, 2009

Thanks.

I'm thankful for a lot of things in my life. I believe I'm extremely lucky. We have free education, plentiful food, access to clean water. I'm thankful for all of these gifts, but most of all I'm so thankful for my family. I have conflict with my parents and my brother, like anybody, but for the most part, they are the reason I'm me. I rely on them for support, for laughs, for company. The novel I'm reading, 'The Glass Castle' by Jeannette Walls, is a true story about a girl and her family. The family is loving, but strange. They also rely on each other to keep the family 'alive.' With that said, I'm glad that I'm not in the same situation as Jeannette. Her family moves around constantly, and always running away from the 'FBI' or the 'Gestapo.' Her parents never have any rules for her, or don't spend that much time with her. I think that, even though i sometimes resent my parents trying to be in my life, I'd much rather them being in my life then just...being present. My dad always does little things to surprise me, which I'm SO grateful for. Last spring, I saw the car i had been dreaming of on the Internet. Dad said that, maybe we could look at it in a few months, when I had a job. But when I came home one day, it was there, in my backyard! I had to pay for it still, but really, how many parents do that for their children? I cried I was so excited, my whole family was there to witness the big event. My brother, mom and dad are all a huge part of my life, I'm so thankful i have them to fall back on, and I know it sounds really cheesy, but sometimes that's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment