Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Number 162

Work again today. How many more days can I take of this tedious work? I do not know. The good part about being a valet is that my shift doesn't start until 4. So, I can sleep in, not do anything for the first 2 hours I'm awake. The bad part about it is I have to work at a hoity toity restaurant, kissing rich people's a*ses, using words like mad'am, and sir. It's revolting. Seeing these 'people' wanting nothing more then to eat a salad for around $200 dollars. I eat the same sh*t as them everyday, but it only costs me $4.37. I can't eat on the job. It's one of the rules. I mean, I do anyways, but I'm not supposed to eat on the job. I'm not supposed to drink and smoke either. This job has nobody to look over me, except maybe those damn security cameras, but even they can't see what I'm doing inside some lawyers car while he's eating the restaurants over-priced food. There are usually two other valet guys working while I am. One greets, and two drive the cars. At busier times, all three of us drive the cars, but we time it out so someone is always at the door. I love that time, it's perfect 'cause I get to drive all these fancy BMW's or Lamborghini's. And nobody can control what happens to them once their in my hands. I don't mess up the car ever, unless the guy who brings it in and is a real jerk. Then i might put a $90 salmon that was half eaten at lunch that day, underneath his seat, or something like that. The punishment is always different. I always say, do not mess with the people who run your life. Waitors, waitresses, valets, chefs, gas pumpers...those dudes. Don't mess with them. I don't, even though I am one. It's just a smart motto to live by. My shift ends at 1 or 2 in the morning, depends on how busy the restaurant gets. Then I'll just go home and sleep. Tomorrow is going to be the same thing. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment