Thursday, December 17, 2009

My Job...

I think it's very very important to love what you do. I don't want to wake up every morning, wishing I could play hookie or pretend sick because I'm dreading the day ahead of me. I think that's why I'm personally having such a tough time with what I'm going to do next year. I'm passionate about dance. It's one of the very few things I'm very passionate about. The only problem is, I'm not sure if I want to persue dancing for a life career. Firstly, the business is very...harsh, and...for lack of a better word, 'cut-throat'. Secondly, what happens if I start to look at dance as a job instead of something that I like to do? Then I not only have a job I'm not crazy about, but it would have also taken all the fun and love out of dance. Thirdly, unless you're a chorographer for some famous rockstar, or you are in a famous tour, it doesn't pay that much. I'm nervous about next year for that reason. But...what's life without risks. A job your passionate about is one of the things that, I think, will make you happen. But then again, work isn't everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment