Thursday, September 17, 2009

Top Three

My top three is going to be about dance. The criteria for my choices will be, amount of stamina it requires, songs you can dance to in the style, and how good I feel while dancing the style. My number one choice is Contemporary. The songs you can dance to in this style are beautiful, and it requires a lot of stamina because it is always moving and jumping and it usually is really intense. I always love just dancing it because I can move anyway I want and none of the moves are considered 'wrong'. My second favourite is Pointe. It is the same as ballet, but on Pointe shoes. I think Pointe shoes are gorgeous. I love dancing to classical music because it's usually just instrumentals, no words to distract away from your dancing. Ballet is always very enduring, and takes a lot out of you. When your dancing ballet you always have to try and look like everything you do is effortless, even if it's the hardest thing you've ever had to do. While I'm dancing ballet I always feel super dainty and elegant. My third favourite would have to be jazz. Jazz is danced to a variety of different music, anything from metal to blues. I like dancing it because it's usually supposed to be very high energy and up-beat. Solos are, on average, approximately 3 minutes, so non-stop, high energy for three minutes can be tough sometimes. I always feel kind of cheesy and over-the-top when I'm performing jazz. I love to dance. I try every style I think I can do, and it turns out I've come to like these three the best :)

No comments:

Post a Comment